Sunday, February 20, 2011

Vocation


A little article on Work

We are what we do, and the more we do it, the more we become it.  By giving a job your time, you are giving it your consciousness.  Eventually it will fill your life with the reality that it presents.  So look beyond the superficial attractions of a particular job or profession.  Consider what it will require you to do on a day-to-day, hour-to-hour, minute-to-minute basis.  See if that is how you want to spend your time.  If it is not, your job will become your prison rather than the vehicle for your dreams.  And a person without dreams is only half alive.

You should think of work as vocation, which comes from the Latin word for calling, which comes from the word for voice.  In those meanings it touches on what work really should be - something that calls to you, that gives voice to who you are and what you want to say in the world.  If you find a vocation, embrace it.  You have found a way to contribute to the world with love.

Find what it is that burns in your heart and do it.  Choose a vocation, not a job, and your life will have meaning and your days will have peace.

You should check out her Eye Candy of a website~ even go to one of her Retreats! The first "art" retreat I ever when to was with her, her hubby Tracy & Michael DeMeng. I was let's say life changing! it has lead me on the road not only to be a better person but to find myself , chase my dreams and well find a job that is calling to me! I'm not there yet with the job thing but I am letting go of my "Prison" job in Aug to do my Vocation lets just hope I can make some moola at it lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment