Friday, November 18, 2011

Bagels

When I was 15 yrs old I worked at a place called broadway bagel. Looking back I am not sure what was up with this company but they let a 15 yr old run their business. I would open by myself and close by myself, take deliveries and make bagels. When I made the bagels I would put them in a giant boiler then put them on the giant oven. One time I was slicing meat for a customer and cut my finger on the meat slicer ended up not being a bug deal but it sure scared the crap out of me! Why am I telling you this story? Because I have been wanting to make homemade bagels for along time now and finally got around to doing it! They were everything I hoped they would be and my daughter even liked them! The only bad thing is they only last the day you make them. I think next time I will only make a half batch. They aren't hard to make so I encourage you give it a whirl.







I put some Black salt on a few of them. I am a salt snob and love unique salts.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment