Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Home Made Butter

Now for the life of me I can't remember where I first read about making home made butter but I thought or  I was lead to believe you had to have unpasteurized cream to do this so I search high and low but couldn't find it and thought I would have to find a dairy farm to get it! So when I read the book "made from scratch" she talked about it again and said to use heavy whipping cream but recommend a local dairy farm. So I was so excited to finally try my hand at it! I was nervous she said you had to shake it for 15 min but it "popped" sooner than that!!! Now I can't wait to eat some it tonight. I will have to compare pricing to see if all that shaking is worth it:) Also it's like Whipped Butter light and fluffy not what I was expecting so when I went to rinse it and I kneaded it it popped out of my hands~ so be careful if you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment